Find out more about what happened at Kairos last year in 2019 on our video here!
Kairos is a Christian youth camp happening in Thirsk every August bank holiday weekend, this year between Friday 28th to Monday 31st of August 2020. It is aimed at Christian Young people aged 11-18′s to come as a youth group. All groups must have a responsible group leader.
Kairos means the right or opportune moment in Greek. It is the point in our lives when we decide to stand for what we believe in. The camp will be an exciting time of live worship, workshops, sports, activities and fun.
Kairos will start on the Friday afternoon and finish on Monday with a morning celebration at Hollybush Christian Fellowship in Thirsk. Groups will need to bring their own tents or caravans and can either cater for themselves, have a catered option or buy food from the café.
The site will open at 1pm and activities will start from around 2pm and the main event will start at 7pm. Make sure you have your lunch before you come to site! Please check out last years programme under the programme section if you want to get a feel of the weekend.
Kairos is a Christian youth camp is held in the North East of England. It exists to help young people engage with God, each other and go home better equipped to live out their faith.
Kairos is overseen by a core team of local Christians representing a range of denominations and organisations. We are all committed to working as one team so that Kairos be a place for:
- Hearing and working with young people to create a camp that they want
- A safe and extraordinary experience for all who attend
- Meeting with God is worship
- Hearing from God through excellent Bible teaching that is relevant and applied to everyday life
- Sensing God’s presence as we pray together and interact with each other
- Enjoying quality activities, workshops, seminars, sports and games
- Coming as a group and growing as a group
The Kairos team would like to point you in the direction of a fab Christian charity that helps cover the cost of young people going to events like Kairos. The are called the David Chilcott Fund they can be found at this website www.dcfund.co.uk